A chicken stir fry for a speedy supper from Indonesia, but with a Chinese influence. The recipe is from ” Fire Islands: Recipes from Indonesia” by Eleanor Ford. Serve with a vegetable stir fry and perhaps some rice.
A recipe for hard boiled eggs in a rich and aromatic sauce from ” Fire Islands: Recipes from Indonesia” by Eleanor Ford.They are good served with some green vegetables rice or perhaps fried potatoes.
|250g new potatoes, boiled||125g cabbage|
|3 eggs, hardboiled||125g beansprouts|
|125 g trimmed green beans, cut in 3 cm lengths||150g cucumber|
|100g carrots, trimmed and peeled||2tsps salt|
|150g cauliflower||PEANUT DRESSING|
10. Rinse the veg under cold running water and put on a plate.
11. Return the water to the pan and bring to a boil.Add the cauliflower and boil rapidly for two minutes. Sieve, drain and refresh under cold water, then set aside on a separate plate.
12. Cook the cabbage and beansprouts in the same way, boiling the cabbage for 1 minute and the beansprouts for 30 seconds. Squeeze any excess water then separate the strands before putting them on another plate.
13. Arrange the vegetables and hard boiled eggs side by side on individual plates.
14. Just before serving pour over the peanut dressing.