An easy egg curry from ” Fresh Flavours of India ” by Das Sreedharan. When i lived in Stoke Newington I had two of his Rasa restaurants within a 15 minute walk. Although I didn’ t eat there often ( what a missed opportunity…) I can honestly say it was the best South Indian food I have ever eaten in the UK. I serve this with a spinach curry alongside and some rice or naan.
- 6 large free range eggs
- 3 tbsps oil
- 4 green chillies slit lengthways
- 2.5 cm cube fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 20 fresh curry leaves
- 3 medium onions peeled and finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric poweder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- sea salt
- Slowly bring the eggs to a boil in a saucepan of water and boil for 10 minutes until hard. Drain and cool then remove the shells and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the green chillies, ginger and curry leaves for 2-3 minutes. Add the onions and fry until half cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder and a little salt. Cook for five minutes or until thick.
- Add the whole eggs to the sauce and mix gently until they are covered with the mixture. Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Share this Recipe