A delicious and easy dish from Rukmini Iyer’s ” The Roasting Tin around the World”.
- 300 g baby carrots whole
- 225 g halloumi cut into 5mm slices
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- a handful lemon or regular thyme
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x400g tin cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 50 g walnuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 100 g rocket
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Tip the baby carrots, halloumi and red onion into a roasting tin large enough to hold everything in one layer, then mix through the lemon thyme, cumin and olive oil. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, until the halloumi is golden brown, and the carrots are just cooked through.
- While the halloumi and carrots are in the oven, mix the beans, walnuts, extra-virgin olive oil, honey, lemon zest and juice and salt and set aside.
- Stir the beans and rocket through the roasted carrots and halloumi and serve with yogurt and flatbreads alongside
Share this Recipe