Eggs with Tomatoes,Moroccan style. It can be served traditionally with Moroccan bread, or with some homemade oven chips. Its very moreish so double the number of eggs if you want something more filling . If preferred you can peel and deseed the tomatoes, but i often dont bother.The recipe is from ” Moro: The Second Cookbook” by Sam and Sam Clark
- 400 g ripe tomatoes halved or quartered
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 6 spring onions trimmed and roughly sliced
- 3 plump garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- 1 lvl tsp cumin seeds roughly ground
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2-4 medium organic eggs
- 2 tbsps roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- sea salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over a moderate heat. When hot, add the garlic, spring onion and cumin and fry until they are just starting to colour.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli, salt and pepper then simmer for about 15 mins until the tomatoes are cooked but not totally broken up.
- Crack the eggs into each half or quarter of the pan and ruffle the whites with a fork so they are thinned over the surface of the tomato.
- Simmer for about 1-2 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your preference. Sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately, accompanied by some bread or oven chips.
Share this Recipe