A colourful dish for summer which i like to make using cherry tomatoes from ” A Modern Way to Eat” by Anna Jones.You could also serve the roasted feta in a greek salad or crumbled over roasted squash. This will serve two as a main or four as part of a meal. Sometimes i serve this with some home made oven chips, or with warmed pittas or crusty bread to mop up the juice. You could also serve a green salad alongside.
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds bashed in a pestle and mortar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 800 g tomatoes different colours, sizes and shapes
- a small bunch fresh mint leaves picked and finely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, Fan 200 C, Gas 7. Place the feta on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Grate over the zest of half the lemon, sprinkle over the bashed coriander seeds and season with some black pepper. Drizzle with a little oil then roast in the oven for 25 minutes until the feta is starting to turn nicely golden.
- While the feta is roasting chop the tomatoes into different chunks and slices and place in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and grate over the remaining lemon zest. Drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil then add half the lemon juice. Taste and add more if needed. Mix well with your hands and leave to meld.
- When the feta is roasted put the tomatoes on plates or a platter and scatter over the mint. Use a spoon to dot chunks of feta over the tomatoes and serve straight away.
Share this Recipe