My “go to” recipe for this delicious Persian herb frittata is from ” Persiana” by Sabrina Ghayour,
- 2 large bunches of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large bunches of fresh coriander
- 2 bunches of fresh dill
- 3 bunches of fresh chives
- 2 bunches of spring onions thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 8 medium free range eggs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp Thick yoghurt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes add more if you like
- black pepper
- 3-4 heapedtbsp dried barberries optional
- 100 g walnut halves optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 and finely chop all the herbs. Trim the roots of the spring onions and thinly slice them.
- Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil into a large frying pan, fry the herbs and spring onions over a medium heat for a few minutes, then add the turmeric and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, flour, yoghurt, baking powder, salt and pepper together until everything is well combined and smooth. Once the herb mixture has cooled slightly, slowly add a couple of spoonfuls at a time into the egg mixture and mix well, repeating until all the herbs are combined.
- Add the barberries and walnuts and mix well.
- Line a good sized ovenproof dish with baking paper and coat in olive oil. Pour in the egg and herb mixture, and bake for 35-40 minutes. It is ready when a knife inserted into the centre of the kuku comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve with a green salad and perhaps some pickled radishes
Share this Recipe