A refreshing assembly of ingredients to be enjoyed at their seasonal best from Claire Thomson’s ” New Kitchen Basics”.
- 400 g tomatoes, as ripe and varied as you like sliced or chopped
- 300 g grapes, any colour or variety some halved, some not
- a small bunch basil or mint leaves picked
- 3 tbsps olive oil plus extra if needed
- juice of 1/2 lemon or a splash of red wine vinegar
- 400 g good quality buffalo mozzarella or burrata
- sea salt and black pepper
- Combine the tomatoes, grapes and basil or mint leaves in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice or vinegar and mix well.
- Add the mozzarella tearing as you go, If using burrata then divide on individual plates over the tomatoes and grapes.
- Serve on plates with plenty of crusty bread.
Share this Recipe