A very moreish warm carrot salad from ” Morito” by Sam and Sam Clark. If you can get carrots of different colours all the better.
- 500 g organic carrots peeled
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsps caraway seeds lightly crushed
- juice of a l;emon
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp shredded mint
- 1 tsp black onion seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, Gas 6. Chop the carrots into quarters lengthways and then into small cubes. Scatter them over a baking tray then add 2 tbsps of the oilive oil, half the caraway and some seasoning.
- Toss well then bake for 30-40 minutes or until soft and slightly dry. They should have an intense sweet flavour.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and place in a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil and caraway seeds together with the lemon juice and mix well. Check the seasoning.
- Transfer to a plate and crumble over the feta then sprinkle with the mint and black onion seeds. Serve warm.
Share this Recipe