A recipe from ” Bocca” by Jacob Kennedy.
- 1/2 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 75 g butter
- 160 g carnaroli rice
- 120 ml white wine
- 400 ml water
- 350 g fine asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-2cm strips
- 150 g gorgonzola
- 60 g hazelnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- Fry the onion in 50g butter with a pinch of salt over a moderate heat for 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the rice, fry for 2 minutes more, then pour in the wine and simmer until absorbed.
- Add the water a little at a time, waiting for it to be mostly absorbed between additions. Taste for seasoning all the time. About 5 minutes before the end (about 10 minutes after you started adding water), add the asparagus.
- When the rice is still a touch too al dente for you, crumble in three-quarters of the gorgonzola (you can use or lose the rind as you like) and the remaining 25g butter. Stir until you are satisfied.
- Serve with the hazelnuts and the remaining gorgonzola scattered on top.
Share this Recipe