My local chef and food writer Claire Thomson published her latest book ” Tomato” last month and as always I have found so many recipes I want make . The chapter on salads has many good ideas for the unprecedented hot weather we are currently experiencing and this simple and refreshing salad is the first recipe I tried.
- 4 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 tbsp red or white-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- ½ small red onion peeled and very thinly sliced, or 1 shallot
- salt and black pepper
- 2 peaches stoned and chopped into 2–3cm dice
- 600 g tomatoes (a mixture of colours and sizes ideally), cut into 2–3cm pieces
- 200 g red grapes halved
- ½ small bunch fresh oregano or marjoram leaves picked
- 50 g feta crumbled
- 50 g kalamata olives pitted and roughly chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the oil and vinegar, add the onion, season to taste, then set aside to macerate for 10 minutes.
- Put the peaches, tomatoes and grapes in a large serving bowl.
- Add the oregano, feta and olives, spoon over the dressing and serve immediately.
Share this Recipe