Another simple seasonal side dish from ” River Cafe 30″ by Ruth Rogers and Rose Gray.
- 450 g fine green beans trimmed
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- juice of a l;emon
- 100 g parmesan freshly grated
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the green beans and cover the pan. When the water returns to the boil remove the lid and cook until the beans are al dente.
- Drain the beans and return to the warm saucepan ( off the heat) with the extra virgin olive oil. Season with black pepper and the lemon juice.
- Stir in the Parmesan and keep stirring until it starts to go stringy and coats the beans. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe