Sausages, Chinese style from the wonderful book ” Sausage and Mash” by Fiona Beckett . As she says, a lovely recipe for those trying to reduce the carbs, though not entirely carb free. I’ve replaced the spring greens she suggests with kale and you could also use savoy cabbage..
- 400 g Kale thick stems removed and cut into thick ribbons
- 1 bunch spring onions trimmed and cut into long thin shreds
- 1 1/2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 450 g chipolata sausages
- 1 large clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsps hoisin sauce mixed with 3 tbsps water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok and briefly stir fry the spring onions for a minute then scoop out with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce the heat and fry the sausages for 6-7 minutes, turning so that they brown evenly.Remove the sausages from the pan and pour away all but 1 tbsp of the oil.
- Increase the heat and stir fry the greens for a couple of minutes, adding the crushed garlic, soy sauce and a tbsp of water half way through.Put the greens into serving bowls.
- Return the sausages to the pan then add the Hoi Sin Sauce and the water. Bubble it up until the sauce is reduced and sticky.
- Add the spring onioks then spoon the sausages and spring onions over the greens.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve with some plain boiled rice if youre not doing low carbs.
Share this Recipe