Another delicious recipe from Claire Thomson’s ” Home Cookery Year” which i have to admit i served topped with a fried egg.
- 1 kg small- medium potatoes diced or sliced into bite sized pieces
- 7 plump garlic cloves 4 unpeeled and smashed, 3 peeled and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp good olive oil plus more to serve
- 3 good thyme sprigs leaves picked
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp dry or medium sherry
- 75 g cooked chestnuts roughly chopped ( optional)
- 1/2 small bunch flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 100 g manchego cheese or parmesan
- sea salt & black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, 200 Fan, Gas Marl 7. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the potatoes out onto the lined tray along with the 4 smashed cloves garlic, the olive oil and the thyme, Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are softened but not yet fully cooked through.
- Add the mushrooms, sliced garlic and sherry to the potatoes and mix well to distribute evenly. Cook for a further 25-30 minutes until the mushrooms and potatoes are cooked through and have taken on some colour.
- Remove from the oven and add the chestnuts and parsley, mixing well. Check the seasoning adding more if you like.
- Using a potato peeler shave the manchego or parmesan over the vegetables , sprinkle with more oil if you like and serve.
Share this Recipe