A great sauce from Nigel Slater for when you have a glut of cherry tomatoes.
- 1.3 kg cherry tomatoes
- 4 plump cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced.
- olive oil
- 500 g dried orecchiette
- 30 large basil leaves
- 4 tbsps double cream
- grated parmesan or pecorino cheese to serve
- Remove the stalks from the tomatoes and put the tomatoes into a small roasting tin. Scatter over the garlic and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Put the tomatoes under the grill and cook until their skins are golden brown and black here and there, and their insides are juicy and starting to burst.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a deep saucepan of generously salted boiling water.
- Remove the tomatoes from the grill and crush them with a fork. Drop in the basil leaves and stir them in, then add the cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve straight away in bowls with some freshly grated Parmesan or pecorino sprinkled over.
Share this Recipe