A recipe from Rachel Roddy.
- 400 g courgettes
- olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 6 large free range eggs
- 250 g ricotta
- 1 small handful of mint ripped
- Top, tail then slice the courgettes into 3mm-thick rounds and pat dry. In a large, nonstick or cast iron frying pan over a medium-low heat, fry the courgettes in olive oil with a pinch of salt until soft and lightly golden, turning often. Tip on to a plate to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, ricotta, salt and pepper. Add the courgettes and ripped mint, then stir again.
- Wipe the pan clean, pour in a little more oil and put over a low flame. Pour in the egg and courgette mixture, then cook for 15 minutes, agitating the surface with a fork so that it cooks through.
- Lift the edge to check the bottom is lightly golden then, when the frittata is almost set but still wet on top, use a lid or plate to carefully invert it, and continue to cook for another couple of minutes on the other side. Slice and serve with a tomato, cucumber, red chilli and mint salad.
Share this Recipe