Vegetables ” Trifolati” is a way of slicing and cooking with garlic, olive oil and parsley. Other ingredients such as wine, chillies or tomatoes are sometimes added. This is from ” River Cafe Two Easy”.
- 500 g courgettes
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 plump garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tbsp basil leaves chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the courgettes and cut in half lengthways and then into rough pieces of about 2 cm. Tear the tomatoes in half and squeeze out some of the seeds and juice. Cut the garlic into slivers.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil in a frying pan. Add the courgettes and garlic and stir to combine. When the courgettes start to brown add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the basil. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and cover. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe