- Preheat oven to 190 C, gas 5.Oil a 9×12” baking dish.
- Wash the courgettes and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the pulp and chop finely. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps olive oil in a pan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat until transparent.
- Add the garlic, basil and parsley and sauté for one more minute then add the chopped courgette pulp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend in the eggs, parmesan, 2 tbsps breadcrumbs, ½ tsp salt and some pepper.
- Parboil the courgette shells for 5 mins in water with a pinch of salt. Remove and drain well.
- Put the courgette shells side by side in the baking dish and fill with the stuffing. Sprinkle over the remaining breadcrumbs and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake the stuffed courgettes for 30-40 mins until the stuffing is golden and crisp on top.