- Rinse the lentils then cover generously with water and bring to a boil with the carrot, onion, bay leaf, garlic and salt.
- Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked. Drain and reserve the liquid for stock.
- Meanwhile, roast the peppers until they are evenly charred. Put in a covered bowl to steam for about 10 minutes. Remove skins, split open and remove veins and seeds. Cut into squares.
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette and stir into the warm lentils. Add the mint, herbs and most of the peppers. Taste and season.
- Crumble the feta cheese and gently fold into the lentils,
- Garnish with the remaining peppers and drizzle some olive oil over the surface.
- Serve with hard boiled eggs, olives, tomatoes and lettuce.