An irresistible combination from ” Cook Simple” by Diana Henry
- 3 large red onions peeled and halved
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 300 g Penne or other pasta shapes
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 3 tbsps coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 75 g toasted walnut pieces
- 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- Cut each onion half into crescent shaped pieces about 1.5 cm thick. Toss in a roasting tin with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Roast at 190 C, 170 Fan Gas 5 for 30-35 minutes, shaking the tin now and then, until tender and slightly charred.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan. Add the onions and the rest of the ingredients. Stir and serve.
Share this Recipe