One of my favourite quick breakfasts at weekends.
|350g mixed mushrooms, wild, chestnut or button
||Juice of ½ lemon
||Handful of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
|2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
||Hot buttered toast to serve
|100 ml double cream
||Sea salt and black pepper
- Wipe the mushrooms damp kitchen paper and slice.
- Heat the butter in a heavy non -stick frying pan until sizzling .
- Add the mushrooms and sauté on a high heat. After about 10 minutes add the garlic and sauté for a few more minutes, then add the cream.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt and pepper, then add the parsley. Bubble together for a minute to let the flavours blend.
- Serve on hot buttered toast.