An easy recipe for a vegetarian main or a side dish. Its from ” Dominique’s Kitchen” by Dominique Woolf. I love broccoli, but purple sprouting is my favourite type and you could use this instead.
For the spicy peanut sauce:
- 2 tbsps unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp crispy chilli oil, with bits
- 1/2-1 tsp honey or to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp light soy sauce or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, 200 Fan, Gas 7. Cut the broccoli into small florets and the stalks into long thin pieces.
- Place on a large roasting tray,drizzle over the oil, add a good sprinkling of sea salt and toss to coat. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the florets are crispy and a little charred.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Combine the ingredients together in a small bowl. Start with the smallest amounts of honey and soy sauce and adjust to taste. Add a tablespoon or more of water - you want a sauce with a drizzling consistency.
- Serve the broccoli hot out of the oven, drizzled with the sauce.
Share this Recipe