A summer pasta dish from ” River Cafe Cook Book Easy” by Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers. Use the ripest tomatoes and the finest green beans you can find.
- 320 g egg tagliatelle
- 300 g fine green beans
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 50 g parmesan freshly grated
- 1 plump garlic clove peeled
- 150 ml double cream
- 3 tbsps fresh basil leaves
- Top and tail the green beans. Cook in boiling salted water until tender then drain.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the juice and seeds and chop the flesh coarsely. Season.
- Put the cream in a saucepan with the garlic and bring to the boil. Season, Remove the garlic and add the tomato, green beans and basil. Stir to combine.
- Meanwhile cook the tagliatelle in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and add to the tomato and beans.
- Serve with Parmesan.
Share this Recipe