Another very good tortilla from ” Morito” by Sam and Sam Clark . In spring the spinach can be replaced with wild garlic leaves if you have these available locally.
- 25 g a knob of butter
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 500 g spinach or 300g wild garlic leaves washed and drained
- 6 large organic eggs
- a pinch dried oregano
- 100 g jamon finely chopped ( optional)
- Heat the butter and 2 tbsps olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the spinach or wild garlic, season with salt and pepper then cook gently for a couple of minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the pan, cool slightly then gently squeeze to get rid of any excess water. Place on a board, chop roughly, then transfer to a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and gently mix together along with the oregano and jamon ( if using). Check seasoning.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium high heat. When hot, add 2 more tbsps of oil and swirl around the pan. Cook in the same way as the Courgette Tortilla from the same book, using the remaining olive oil.
Share this Recipe