- Heat a large pan of salted water. When boiling add the spaghetti. Cook for a minute, then stir and continue to cook according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in another large saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for a minute without allowing to colour.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes until they start to break down and release their juice.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well then add to the tomatoes and toss together.
- Add the mozzarella and basil and toss again.
- Season, mix well and drizzle with extra olive oil then serve immediately.