I had no idea how easy it was to make Possets until i tried this recipe from Claire Thomson. They make a very refreshing end to a meal.
- 400 ml double cream
- 110 g caster sugar plus extra if you think the strawberries need it
- 2 pared strips of lime zest plus 100ml juice (from about 3 juicy limes)
- 1 stick of lemongrass bashed a little to release flavour (optional)
- 300 g strawberries hulled
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Add the cream, sugar, lime zest and lemongrass (if using) to a pan and place over a moderate to high heat. Boil the cream for 1½ minutes, stir in the lime juice, bring back up to the boil and immediately remove from the heat.
- Strain the cream through a sieve and pour into four glasses. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile dice or slice the strawberries and add to a bowl. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste (the strawberries can take quite a bit, at least ½-1 tsp). Leave to macerate for at least 30 minutes, then add 1 tsp, or more to taste, of caster sugar if you think the strawberries need it.
- Serve the possets with the black pepper strawberries.
Share this Recipe