A delicious supper from ” A Flash in the Pan” by John Whaite. Start preparing your pickles in the morning. New York meets Vietnam!
For the Pickles:
- 2 pickled cucumbers from a jar thinly sliced
- 4 tbsps liquid from the cucumber jar
- 4 radishes finely sliced
- 1 carrot coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion finely sliced
- 2 tbsps rice-wine vinegar
- 4 jumbo Frankfurter sausages
- 4 individual sized baguettes split down the middle
- 4 tbsp smooth pate
- 4 tbsp good mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- a small handful coriander leaves roughly chopped
- In the morning put the sliced cucumbers into a bowl with the pickle liquid, radishes, carrot, onion and rice wine vinegar. Cover and set aside until needed- either lunchtime or evening.
- When you are ready to cook the hot dogs set the griddle pan over a medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, stab the frankfurters a couple of times with a fork and fry, turning once, for about 5 minutes - just until they are hot and the griddle pan has branded them with black bar marks.
- Meanwhile, spread each baguette with pate on both sides. When the sausages are cooked put one into each baguette and cram in the pickles. Drizzle over the mayo and soy , then finish with a scattering of coriander. Serve immediately.
Share this Recipe