An easy recipe from ” Morito” by Sam and Sam Clark. They recommend using spanish crisps cooked in olive oil.
- 7 tbsps olive oil
- 300 g wild garlic leaves or 2-3 tbsps chopped chives
- 6 free range ewggs
- 190 g crisps cooked in olive oil
- Put a pan over a medium heat and pour in 3 tbsps olive oil. When hot, add the garlic leaves ( the chives do not need cooking). Season with a pinch of salt and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and wilted.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool then squeeze to get rid of excess liquid. Chop roughly.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk for a good five minutes until light coloured and frothy. It will be quicker if you use an electric whisk.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the crisps and the chopped garlic leaves or raw chives to the eggs, season with a little salt and pepper and mix.
- When the pan is hot add 2 tbsps oil and swirl around the pan and the sides to coat. Cook in the same way as the Spinach and Jamon Tortilla, using the remaining 2 tbsps olive oil.
Share this Recipe