A favourite recipe when purple sprouting broccoli is in season.
- 200 g dried rigatoni
- 200 g purple-sprouting broccoli washed
- 100 g soft gorgonzola cheese
- Grated rind and juice of a lemon
- 50 g toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to packet instructions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, simmer the broccoli in a smaller pan of boiling water for about 5 mins until just tender.
- Drain the pasta and the broccoli and return both to the hot pasta pan along with the cheeses, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and pinenuts
- Season well with black pepper and stir over a low heat to combine and start melting the cheese.
- Serve at once with a green salad.
Share this Recipe