A recipe from ” Solo” by Signe Johansen. Any leftover salsa can be covered and stored in the fridge to use for dressing salads, beans, seafood or cooked new potatoes. You can also use it in other sandwiches: the flavour pairs well with roasted ham, smoked chicken, pastrami and deli-style cured meats.
- 4 frozen fish fingers
- 2 slices bread of your choice
- butter for spreading
- For the dill salsa
- 1 small bunch dill
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 2 tinned anchovies
- 3 small gherkins
- 1 tsp capers rinsed
- 1 small lemon grated zest and juice
- 2-3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- First make the dill salsa. Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until evenly blended, or chop them up and crush them together in a pestle and mortar, adding more lemon juice to loosen it, or oil or water if you prefer.
- Cook the fish fingers according to the packet instructions, and while they’re cooking, lightly toast or grill the bread .
- Butter the toasts, place the cooked fish fingers on top of one slice and drizzle with the dill salsa. Top with the other slice.
Share this Recipe