A recipe from Waitrose Food.
Kalettes with Spelt and Roasted Peppers (4)
- 200 g quick cook Italian spelt
- 25 g pack flat leaf parsley (leaves picked)
- 17 g basil (leaves picked)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 220 g kalettes (halved)
- 200 g jarred roasted red peppers (drained and thinly sliced)
- 60 g walnuts (toasted)
- Cook the spelt in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes, until al dente. Meanwhile, for the dressing, finely chop most of the herbs and garlic (you can do this in a food processor).
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the mustard, vinegar, yogurt, 1 tbsp water and 2 tbsp oil until thoroughly combined; season. Drain the spelt and transfer to a bowl. While hot, add the dressing and stir to combine; set aside.
- Put the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry the kalettes for 2-3 minutes until vibrant green and slightly softened; season.
- Combine the spelt, kalettes and peppers and arrange on a serving dish. Scatter over the walnuts and remaining herbs, then serve straight away.