I love this recipe for baked Halloumi from “Bazaar” by Sabrina Ghayour. She suggests serving it with bread, but I like to serve it on top of some puy lentils. I recently added some fried shitake mushrooms to the lentils and that worked well too.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, Fan 200 C ,Gas Mark 7.
- Take a large square of kitchen foil and line it with baking paper. Place the cheese in the centre of this double layer.
- Mix the harissa, honey and lime juice together in a bowl and pour the mixture over the cheese.
- Draw up the baking paper around and over the block. Repeat with the foil and seal the parcel tightly at the top. Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately as preferred.
Share this Recipe